Pedernales Electric Cooperative (PEC) provides electric delivery to Central Texas and the Texas Hill Country. HESOLAR is proudly located within the PEC territory. A large portion of our clients are PEC members. The quick application process and close proximity of PEC allows HESOLAR to offer low prices competitive with other utilities fueled by solar rebates.
Pedernales Electric – Solar Information
Net-Metering: Net metering is no longer offered by PEC.
Solar Billing: Self-consumed solar energy will offset your electric bill the same as Net Metering. Surplus energy returned to PEC will be credited at 5.3 cents (as of June 2022). Batteries can help lower the amount of electricity sent back to PEC by storing surplus solar energy.
Federal Tax Credit: Residential and commercial customers are eligible for the Federal Tax Credit. The Federal Tax Credit is 30% of the total system cost for solar installation. More information from IRS.gov.
PEC Solar Eligibility
- The customer must have electric delivery service provided by PEC.
- Customer must use an electrical contractor with an active Texas Electrical Contractors License.
- All work in the State of Texas must be performed by licensed electricians.
- Contractor must use qualifying Products
- Solar panels must be UL Listed – UL 1703. Beware of unlisted products on the market.
- Solar inverter must be UL Listed – UL 1741. UL 1741 protects the PEC lineman when repairing power lines.
- HESOLAR assists the customer with the PEC Interconnection Agreement.
PEC Solar Delivery Process
- HESOLAR assists customer with PEC Interconnection Agreement.
- PEC approves application and gives HESOLAR permission to proceed with installation.
- HESOLAR pulls permit if required.
- HESOLAR completes installation of solar PV system and schedules inspection.
- After inspection, HESOLAR submits verification form to PEC.
- PEC performs interconnection test and replaces utility meter with special utility/solar meter.
PEC Utility Information
Major cities in the PEC Network include Buda, Kyle, Canyon Lake, Blanco, Bulverde, Blanco, Johnson City, Dripping Springs, Oak Hill, Manchaca, Wimberley, Burnet, Bertram, Cedar Park, Austin, San Marcos, Lampasas, Liberty Hill, Junction, Johnson City, Boerne, New Braunfels, and Georgetown. Other utility companies surround the PEC network so special attention should be made if the customer is not sure about who is their electric provider.
Pedernales Electric Cooperative
PEC Solar Interconnection website