Solar Rebate for Guadalupe Valley Electric Coop
Residents of Seguin, Cuero, Gonzalez, Shertz, Shiner, and Goliad may not realize that they have a generous solar rebate available to them. The Guadalupe Valley Electric Coop (GVEC) has a solar rebate program that promotes their customers to purchase solar PV systems.
GVEC Solar Rebate Overview
Amount: $1.00/Watt with a cap of $4,000. Rebate amounts less than $1,500 will be credited to the customer’s GVEC account. Rebate amounts over $1,501 will receive a check in the mail.
Example: If a customer purchased a 4KW Solar PV System for $12,000. They would receive a rebate of $4,000, essentially paying $8,000 for the system. On top of the rebate, the customer will also receive tax credit of $2,400. More information on the Solar Tax Credit can be found here.
GVEC Solar Rebate Eligibility
- Must be GVEC customer in good standing.
- Customer must use an electrical contractor with NABCEP certification and an active Texas Electrical Contractors License. (HESOLAR has both requirements)
- Customer must use a GVEC approved contractor.
- Contractor must use qualifying products
- Solar panels must be listed by the California Energy Commission and carry a standard 25 year performance warranty. All solar panels specified by HESOLAR meet these requirements.
- Solar inverter must be listed by the California Energy Commission and carry a standard 5 year warranty. Solar inverters specified by HESOLAR exceed these requirements.
- Must meet all requirements of Renewable Energy Application and Interconnection Agreement. The agreement can be found here.
- Systems larger than 20KW do not qualify for the rebate.
GVEC Solar Rebate Delivery Process
- HESOLAR assists customer with Renewable Energy Application and Interconnection Agreement.
- GVEC approves application and gives customer permission to interconnect solar.
- HESOLAR pulls required permit and submits required documentation to GVEC.
- HESOLAR completes installation of solar PV system and schedules inspection.
- After inspection, customer submits solar rebate application, copy of paid invoice, and warranty information to customer and GVEC.
- GVEC approves application and sends solar rebate check to customer.
GVEC Utility Information
The GVEC Utility covers portions or all of the following counties: Guadalupe County, Gonzalez County, Dewitt County, Lavaca County, and Wilson County. Other utilities surround the GVEC area so special attention should be made if the customer is not sure about who is their electric provider.
Guadalupe Valley Electric Cooperative
PO Box 118
Gonzalez, Tx 78629