Overview – Residential Solar Panels
As a home owner, you can generate your own clean electricity using residential solar power. Solar power owners typically save $20,000+ over the 25 year life of the system depending on system size.
Imagine being able to lock in to a set price for gasoline for the next 25 years. This is essentially what you can do with your electricity bills.
Home owners save thousands of dollars over the life of their solar power system. So what stops everyone from installing solar panels on their home? The upfront cost of solar used to limit the amount of home owners that could invest in solar power. This is no longer an issue thanks to financing.
This article is a resource for homeowners deciding on whether solar energy is right for them… If you decide solar is right for you then head over to “Why HE Solar?” to learn why we are the highest quality solar contractor in the Austin area.
Have you heard about the incentives?
Solar Rebates are available in select areas of Austin and Central Texas. Not in a rebate location? No sweat, the federal government also has a tax credit that covers 30% of the cost to install solar. Unfortunately, these incentives won’t last forever. Utility companies lower the rebate amount every year and the Federal Tax Credit expires in 2016. HE Solar will walk you through all available solar incentives and make the experience simple.
How about an additional incentive….
The added value that solar power brings to your home is exempt from your property taxes in the State of Texas. Speaking of added value, the Appraisal Institute has reported that solar power significantly increases the value to your home while decreasing the marketing time when selling your home.
Let’s not forget about the environment
Solar Power is a clean alternative to traditional power generators such as coal and natural gas. Solar Power emissions are significantly lower than fossil fuel generators:
- CO2 emissions per kWh from Solar Power Production: 0.08 – 0.2 pounds.
- CO2 emissions per kWh from Natural Gas Production: 0.6 – 2 pounds.
- CO2 emissions per kWh of Coal Production: 1.4 – 3.6 pounds.
A 10 KW Solar Power system can offset the following emissions over the 25 year life of the system:
- 45 tons of CO2
- 3,600 trees planted
- 90,000 miles driven in a vehicle
- 120,000 gallons of water used in fossil fuel generators
Steps to Home Solar Panel Ownership
Receive Professional Consultation and Design
- Home Owner submits a quote request.
- An HE Solar professional provides home owner with a “ballpark” estimate. We use satellite imagery and the information provided in the quote request form to provide an approximate estimate of installation cost and savings.
- Home owner requests site survey for official proposal.
- HE Solar performs site survey and provides proposal that meets the owners needs and requests.
- HE Solar discusses payment options with home owner and facilitates the procurement of funding. Home owner pays a 30% material draw and HE Solar orders the materials for the project.
Permitting and Application
- HE Solar handles all of the paperwork. Necessary permits are procured and utility applications are submitted before installation.
- This is our specialty. The home owner can rest assured knowing that the residential solar panels are being installed beyond the industry standard with master electricians, Derrick and Eric Hoffman, leading the project.
- HE Solar provides ongoing support for our customers. Solar Monitoring is recommended so that HE Solar and the home owner can continually monitor the system production during the lifetime of the system.